Frequently Asked Questions
Volunteer Vaughan has invested considerable time into making its website accessible, understandable and easy-to-use. The website was built using WordPress, which is one of the most popular and versatile tools available for website design and development.
However, we recognize that what works for one site visitor might not work for the next. Therefore, we have pulled together some of the most frequently asked questions. As our site continues to grow, we will revisit these questions and make updates when necessary.
Our frequently asked questions cover a variety of topics, including:
Do you screen volunteers?
How do I login?
Can I ask to have additional site features?
How can I report a bug with the website?
Should you notice any bugs during your journey through https://volunteervaughan.ca, we ask that you please fill out our Bug Report form. This will notify the site admin, and it will be actioned.
This is a group effort, and we appreciate all your help and understanding!
I want to volunteer. What should I do?
When you find an opportunity you are interested in, use the contact form on the individual posting’s page to reach the organization which posted the position directly. Contact information is listed at right side of each posting. It may look different depending on your platform (desktop computer vs. mobile).
I do not see any volunteer opportunity that interests me. What should I do?
Another option is to become more involved with Volunteer Vaughan‘s online community by engaging with us on Facebook, Twitter.
Is it free to search for volunteer opportunities?
- Registering for the Vaughan Volunteer Pool;
- Registering as a nonprofit organization;
- Posting volunteer opportunities; and
- Searching volunteer opportunities.
I want to volunteer. Do I have to register?
We do encourage individuals to sign up with our Vaughan Volunteer Pool Registration form, as it gives volunteers several neat features, such as:
- Manage your own profile; and
- Be notified about various new opportunity postings based on your interests.
Can I edit my volunteer/organization profile?
How do I add my nonprofit organization?
The tool will collect a variety of information about your organization, including contact information, location, organization type, etc.
Once registered, you will have access to your profile, the ability to add volunteer opportunities and allow Volunteer Vaughan to notify volunteers in our pool about your new postings!
How do I delete/remove my volunteer opportunity postings?
- Navigate to your profile page.
- Find and click on the volunteer opportunity you want to remove in the “Edit Volunteer Postings” section of your profile. This will bring you to the form you used when you first added the opportunity.
- Navigate to the end of the form and click the “Delete Volunteer Opportunity” button.
If you have trouble removing/deleting a post, then please contact us.